Nurse Practitioner – GLPP Jamestown Primary Care – Staff or Senior
Job ID: 050513091
Shift: Day Job
Facility: UPMC Hamot
Department: JAMESTOWN PC
Location: Jamestown, NY
Union Position: No
Salary Range: $ 42.39-65.76 USD
GLPP Jamestown Primary Care is looking for a Full-Time Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner to join our team. Looking for a candidate who wants their own practice and will work as a team within the department. Prior Family Medicine experience is preferred.
Hours: Monday – Friday 8am – 5pm. On call approx. 1 week per month and Saturday AM rotation
Location: 15 S. Main St Suite 150 Jamestown, NY 14701
Specifics: Patient Centered Medical Home, Complete Primary Care including preventive care. Patient population is in place. High Quality and patient feedback/ Survey scores
See what being an Advanced Practice Provider can do for UPMC and what UPMC can do for Advanced Practice Providers – it’s more than just a job!
What Can You Bring to UPMC?
- Contribute to UPMC’s mission of Life Changing Medicine
- Set the standards for the level and quality of care for the care delivery team
- Provide patient care activities for a group of patients and their families through the application of independent judgment, communication, and collaboration with all team members.
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with physicians, other health care providers, patients, and their families, to achieve desired patient outcomes throughout the continuum of care.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the community and to your health care profession
What Can UPMC Do for You?
- A career path that provides you with the right experience to be successful in the position you want to obtain now and, in the future
- Health and welfare benefits like medical, vision, dental, and life and disability, and an exceptional retirement program
- Work life balance to help manage other important aspects of your life such as: PTO, wellness programs, paid parental leave
- Competitive pay for the work that you do – base pay, merit, and premium pay
- Sign-on Bonus available if applicable
The Staff or Senior Advanced Practice Provider (APP) is a Physician Assistant or Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner and a member of the care delivery team. The APP is responsible to set the standards for the level and quality of care. The APP has responsibility, authority, and accountability for the provision of care through supervision by and collaboration with a physician. The APP manages and provides patient care activities for a group of patients and their families through the application of independent judgment, communication, and collaboration with all team members. The role of the APP encompasses the beginnings of leadership, partnership, collaboration, and supervision. The APP establishes and maintains collaborative relationships with physicians, other health care providers, patients, and their families, to achieve desired patient outcomes throughout the continuum of care. The APP begins to demonstrate a commitment to the community and to their healthcare profession.
The successful candidate will be placed according to years and months of experience for employment purposes.
- Applies basic professional practice knowledge and skills appropriate for practice setting. Communicates effectively, both verbally and in documentation. Demonstrates critical thinking in all areas of professional practice. Learns to incorporate acceptable standards of professional practice as well as business unit and health system's goals to improve patient safety, quality, and satisfaction. Formulates a plan of care that considers individual patient needs. Demonstrates initiative and seeks formal and informal opportunities to improve clinical practice. Seeks guidance and asks questions to continuously improve professional practice. Builds relationships with patients, families, and colleagues. Identifies ethical situations within patient care or within the workplace and seeks assistance. Professionally accepts assignments that gradually increase patient load and complexity.
- Actively engages in clinical development of all members of the healthcare team. Requests opportunities to learn advanced professional practice techniques from senior healthcare team members. Seeks, accepts, and utilizes performance feedback from peers, preceptors, and unit/department Leaders as a learning opportunity and to improve practice. Demonstrates enthusiasm for continuous learning and identifies and creates a plan for the continuation of learning and development. Identifies patient and family needs for education and provides basic education to support the episode of care. Seeks professional development and involvement through membership in a professional organization and/or reading professional literature on a regular basis.
- Demonstrates a basic knowledge of research, how it affects practice and who/what resources are available to assist with evidence-based practice by asking questions, demonstrating interest, participating in journal clubs. Clinical practice demonstrates knowledge of how quality and innovation impacts patient satisfaction, safety, and clinical quality outcomes. Identifies opportunities for improvement in the clinical area.
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with all members of the health care team. Begins to demonstrate awareness of cultural diversity, horizontal violence, and impairment in the health professions. Cares for patients and self by supporting safety in the workplace.
- Demonstrates accountability for professional development that improves the quality of professional practice and the quality of patient care. Makes recommendations for the improvement of clinical care and the health of the workplace and welcomes and participates in change initiatives. Leads by investing and building healthy relationships among colleagues and other disciplines. Shows the ability to set priorities. Begins to serve as an engaged member of a team supporting colleagues in service to patients and families and may participate in task forces or other initiatives.
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care and/or interact appropriately with the patients served as specified below
- Demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span
- Possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to their age-specific needs
- Provide the care needs as described in the department policy and procedures
Special Skills and Abilities Required:
- Ability to establish and maintain positive, caring relationships with executives, managers, physicians, non-physician providers, ancillary and support staff, other departments, and patients/families
- Ability to work productively and effectively within a complex environment
- Handle multiple/changing priorities and specialized equipment
- Critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving abilities required as related to various aspects of patient care
- Good clinical judgment
- Critical thinking skills necessary to exercise and lead others in application of acceptable standards of practice
- Mobility and visual manual dexterity
- Physical stamina for frequent walking, standing, lifting, and positioning of patients
This position is dependent upon successful attainment and maintenance of hospital privileges, if applicable to the Business Unit practice.
Licensure, Education, Certifications, and Clearances:
Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner (CRNP):
- The successful completion of an approved nurse practitioner program is required
- BSN, MSN is preferred
- Professional nursing experience and/or nurse practitioner experience is preferred
- Current state RN license and CRNP certification are required
- National certification, eligible for licensure by Pennsylvania board of nursing, eligible for certification as a CRNP by Pennsylvania state board of nursing
- Current CPR certification is required
- Act 33 Clearance will be required
- Act 73 Clearance will be required
- Act 34 Clearance required
- Minimum 3 years of experience or Completion of a post-graduate residency
- The successful completion of an approved Nurse Practitioner or a graduate of a physician assistant program accredited by the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the physician assistant (ARC-PA) program is required
- BSN, MSN preferred for CRNP, BS or MS preferred for PA
- Completion of National Certification
- Must achieve a Solid/Strong/Good performance rating or higher on annual performance evaluation for consideration and to maintain status annually
- Completion of an OAPP approved professional contribution within one year of hire or promotion into the position.
- Must have department chair approval for promotion
- ACLS or ITLS or NALS or PALS or ACLS or other certifications listed must meet AHA standards that include both a didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of hire.
OAPP: If practicing in an outpatient or other non-inpatient setting, APPs can use one of the certifications above or use a business unit approved certification which is relevant, and value added to the practice setting.
COVID-19 Vaccine Information : Individuals hired into certain roles must comply with UPMC’s COVID vaccination requirements upon beginning employment. Learn more here.
BENEFITS AND LIFE AT UPMC
We know that you have many options when choosing where to build your career. So why choose UPMC? We can think of a few reasons.
Benefits that Matter to You
We’re committed to providing you with benefits that meet your needs and support your well-being in all areas of life.
- Over 5 Weeks of Paid Time Off Every Year
- 8% Employer Match on Retirement
- Employer-Paid Life Insurance
- Affordable Medical, Dental & Vision Coverage
- Student Loan Assistance
- $18/Hour Minimum Wage by 2026
Support for You – and Your Family
Your career doesn’t impact just you, but the people you care about, too. We’re making sure your career works for the whole family.
- Two Weeks of Paid Parental Leave
- Family Planning Resources
- Tuition Assistance for Dependents
- Comprehensive Health Care for Dependents
- Emergency Child and Elder Care Options
- Flexible Work Arrangements
A Culture That Cares
At UPMC, you can find a home among people who share your passions and care about who you are.
- Employee Resource Groups
- Awards for Champions of Dignity & Respect
- Center for Engagement & Inclusion
- Programs for Veteran Engagement
Tools to Reach Your Potential
Once you become a member of our team, the journey doesn’t stop there. UPMC is committed to supporting your growth and helping you build the career of your dreams.
- Up to $6,000 of Annual Tuition Assistance
- Ongoing Learning via Linkedin Learning
- Accelerated Career Pathways for Growth
- Robust Instructor-led Education and Learning Pathways
Where do you want to go with your career? Wherever it is, UPMC can take you there.
- 92,000+ Employees
- 40 Hospitals and 800+ Doctors’ Offices and Outpatient Sites
- Dozens of Career Ladders to Climb
- International Locations
- State-of-the-Art Technology