Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner, GLPP Gastroenterology
Job ID: 185145447
Shift: Day Job
Facility: UPMC Hamot
Department: GLPP Gastroenterology
Location: Jamestown, NY
Union Position: No
Salary Range: $ 42.39-65.76 USD
Great Lakes Physician Practice (GLPP) is hiring a full-time Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner to support the Gastroenterology department. This is a busy practice that needs someone who can work inpatient and outpatient setting on a rotation. The schedule is Monday-Friday 8:00am-4:30pm.
See what being an Advanced Practice Provider can do for UPMC and what UPMC can do for Advanced Practice Providers – it’s more than just a job!
What Can You Bring to UPMC?
- Contribute to UPMC’s mission of Life Changing Medicine
- Set the standards for the level and quality of care for the care delivery team
- Provide patient care activities for a group of patients and their families through the application of independent judgment, communication and collaboration with all team members.
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with physicians, other health care providers, patients and their families, to achieve desired patient outcomes throughout the continuum of care.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the community and to your health care profession
What UPMC Can Do for You:
- A career path that provides you with the right experience to be successful in the position you want to obtain now and, in the future
- Health and welfare benefits like medical, vision, dental, and life and disability, and an exceptional retirement program
- Work life balance to help manage other importance aspects of your life such as: PTO, wellness programs, paid parental leave
- Competitive pay for the work that you do – base pay, merit, and premium pay, Sign-On Bonus if applicable
The Staff Advanced Practice Provider (APP) is a Physician Assistant or Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner and a member of the care delivery team. The Staff APP is responsible to set the standards for the level and quality of care. The Staff APP has responsibility, authority and accountability for the provision of care through supervision by and collaboration with a physician. The Staff APP manages and provides patient care activities for a group of patients and their families through the application of independent judgment, communication and collaboration with all team members. The role of the Staff APP encompasses the beginnings of leadership, partnership, collaboration and supervision. The Staff APP establishes and maintains collaborative relationships with physicians, other health care providers, patients and their families, to achieve desired patient outcomes throughout the continuum of care. The Staff APP begins to demonstrate a commitment to the community and to their healthcare profession.
The successful candidate will be placed according to years and months of experience for employment purposes.
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care and/or interact appropriately to the patients served as specified below
- Demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span
- Possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to his/her age-specific needs
- Provide the care needs as described in the department policy and procedures
Special Skills and Abilities Required:
- Ability to establish and maintain positive, caring relationships with executives, managers, physicians, non-physician providers, ancillary and support staff, other departments, and patients/families
- Ability to work productively and effectively within a complex environment
- Handle multiple/changing priorities and specialized equipment
- Critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving abilities required as related to various aspects of patient care
- Good clinical judgment
- Critical thinking skills necessary to exercise and lead others in application of acceptable standards of practice
- Mobility and visual manual dexterity
- Physical stamina for frequent walking, standing, lifting and positioning of patients
This position is dependent upon successful attainment and maintenance of hospital privileges, if applicable to the Business Unit practice.
Licensure, Education, Certifications, and Clearances
- A graduate of a physician assistant program accredited by the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the physician assistant (ARC-PA) is required
- BS or MS candidate is preferred
- Experience as a physician assistant and/or experience in a clinical setting is preferred
- Current New York state PA license certified by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) is required
- Current CPR certification is required
- The successful completion of an approved nurse practitioner program is required
- BSN, MSN is preferred
- Professional nursing experience and/or nurse practitioner experience is preferred
- Current New York state RN license and CRNP certification are required
- National certification, eligible for licensure by New York board of nursing, eligible for certification as a CRNP by New York state board of nursing
- Current CPR certification is required
UPMC has a Center for Engagement and Inclusions that is charged with executing leading-edge and next- generation diversity strategies to advance the organization’s diversity management capability and its national presence as a diversity leader. This includes having Employee Resources Groups, such as PRIDE Health or UPMC ENABLED (Empowering Abilities and Leveraging Difference) Network, that support the implementation of our diversity strategy.
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
COVID-19 Vaccine Information : Individuals hired into certain roles must comply with UPMC’s COVID vaccination requirements upon beginning employment. Learn more here.
BENEFITS AND LIFE AT UPMC
We know that you have many options when choosing where to build your career. So why choose UPMC? We can think of a few reasons.
Benefits that Matter to You
We’re committed to providing you with benefits that meet your needs and support your well-being in all areas of life.
- Over 5 Weeks of Paid Time Off Every Year
- 8% Employer Match on Retirement
- Employer-Paid Life Insurance
- Affordable Medical, Dental & Vision Coverage
- Student Loan Assistance
- $18/Hour Minimum Wage by 2026
Support for You – and Your Family
Your career doesn’t impact just you, but the people you care about, too. We’re making sure your career works for the whole family.
- Two Weeks of Paid Parental Leave
- Family Planning Resources
- Tuition Assistance for Dependents
- Comprehensive Health Care for Dependents
- Emergency Child and Elder Care Options
- Flexible Work Arrangements
A Culture That Cares
At UPMC, you can find a home among people who share your passions and care about who you are.
- Employee Resource Groups
- Awards for Champions of Dignity & Respect
- Center for Engagement & Inclusion
- Programs for Veteran Engagement
Tools to Reach Your Potential
Once you become a member of our team, the journey doesn’t stop there. UPMC is committed to supporting your growth and helping you build the career of your dreams.
- Up to $6,000 of Annual Tuition Assistance
- Ongoing Learning via Linkedin Learning
- Accelerated Career Pathways for Growth
- Robust Instructor-led Education and Learning Pathways
Where do you want to go with your career? Wherever it is, UPMC can take you there.
- 92,000+ Employees
- 40 Hospitals and 800+ Doctors’ Offices and Outpatient Sites
- Dozens of Career Ladders to Climb
- International Locations
- State-of-the-Art Technology