Administrative Assistant – Intermediate
Job ID: 504597442
Shift: Day Job
Facility: UPMC Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh
Department: Exec Office
Location: 4401 Penn Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA
Union Position: No
Salary Range: $ 16.85-26.49 USD
UPMC Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh is looking for a Full-Time Administrative Assistant – Intermediate to support the UPMC Children's Hospital Foundation! This position will work in the TechMill 41 building located at 105 40th Street in Lawrenceville, Daylight Hours, Monday – Friday.
UPMC Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh is ranked as one of the Top Ten Children's Hospital in the nation, earning Magnet recognition for nursing excellence and has also been named as one of the nation's Top 20 Children's Hospital's for Technology and Innovation. UPMC offers an amazing Total Rewards package, including up to $6,000 yearly tuition reimbursement, competitive wages, and so much more!
Under general supervision, the Administrative Assistant – Intermediate provides varied administrative support to a department, a group of professionals or multiple departments.
- Under general direction, provides varied administrative support to a department or group of professionals.
- May make travel arrangements.
- Maintains various accounting and budgetary records (i.e., completes expense reports).
- Collects, compiles, and analyzes moderately complex data and information.
- Composes straightforward written descriptions of results. Researches, drafts, and/or abstracts reports (i.e., conduct initial research to gather information for Supervisor regarding topic of interest).
- May also perform all responsibilities of an Administrative Assistant – Associate:
- Performs routine clerical functions, such as copying, sorting, filing, and typing.
- Sets up and maintains varied office files, logs, and records office activities.
- Orders office supplies and maintains office equipment.
- Answers, screens, and routes incoming calls and messages.
- Responds to routine questions
- Greets, screens, and directs visitors to appropriate staff member.
- Reviews administrative procedures and interprets them for employees.
- Maintains supervisor's calendar (i.e., proactively schedules meetings on supervisor's behalf, makes recommendations for large meeting venues and catering, takes leadership role to ensure meetings flow smoothly).
- Assists supervisor and department with presentations (i.e., provides content editing/content recommendations in addition to standard proofing).
- Composes routine, general, and unique/independent correspondence (i.e., sends more than standard emails, begins to modify content of email on behalf of department head, reads and answers correspondence).
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Three years experience in an administrative support role
- Ability to perform advanced functions in word processing, electronic mail/calendar, spreadsheet, presentation and database software
- Ability to use applicable MS Suite products
- Working knowledge of business processes and procedures
- Knowledge of basic accounting and financial principles and functions
- Ability to analyze data and use basic reasoning skills
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
- Act 31 Child Abuse Reporting with renewal
- Act 33 with renewal
- Act 34 with renewal
- Act 73 FBI Clearance with renewal
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
COVID-19 Vaccine Information : Individuals hired into certain roles must comply with UPMC’s COVID vaccination requirements upon beginning employment. Learn more here.
BENEFITS AND LIFE AT UPMC
We know that you have many options when choosing where to build your career. So why choose UPMC? We can think of a few reasons.
Benefits that Matter to You
We’re committed to providing you with benefits that meet your needs and support your well-being in all areas of life.
- Over 5 Weeks of Paid Time Off Every Year
- 8% Employer Match on Retirement
- Employer-Paid Life Insurance
- Affordable Medical, Dental & Vision Coverage
- Student Loan Assistance
- $18/Hour Minimum Wage by 2026
Support for You – and Your Family
Your career doesn’t impact just you, but the people you care about, too. We’re making sure your career works for the whole family.
- Two Weeks of Paid Parental Leave
- Family Planning Resources
- Tuition Assistance for Dependents
- Comprehensive Health Care for Dependents
- Emergency Child and Elder Care Options
- Flexible Work Arrangements
A Culture That Cares
At UPMC, you can find a home among people who share your passions and care about who you are.
- Employee Resource Groups
- Awards for Champions of Dignity & Respect
- Center for Engagement & Inclusion
- Programs for Veteran Engagement
Tools to Reach Your Potential
Once you become a member of our team, the journey doesn’t stop there. UPMC is committed to supporting your growth and helping you build the career of your dreams.
- Up to $6,000 of Annual Tuition Assistance
- Ongoing Learning via Linkedin Learning
- Accelerated Career Pathways for Growth
- Robust Instructor-led Education and Learning Pathways
Where do you want to go with your career? Wherever it is, UPMC can take you there.
- 92,000+ Employees
- 40 Hospitals and 800+ Doctors’ Offices and Outpatient Sites
- Dozens of Career Ladders to Climb
- International Locations
- State-of-the-Art Technology