The Director, Enterprise Analytic Operations will provide leadership, expertise, and operational efficiencies to the Workpartners analytics service line and department. This includes executing on strategy, deployment, organizational alignment, resource management, documentation, and communication of analytics services priorities and initiatives. The Director will identify and oversee optimal workflow for analytic and operational activities necessary for delivering high-quality analytic solutions to our commercial employer clients. The Director, Enterprise Analytic Operations reports through the AVP, Integrated Analytics; has frequent interaction with Workpartners executive leadership, sales and marketing, account management, analytic resources, and shared services of IT and operations to drive innovation and implementation of analytic solutions. Workpartners is a fluid, dynamic, fast-paced environment. The successful Director, Enterprise Analytic Operations will manage ambiguity, prioritize work, and reflect confidence in the team’s ability to succeed in the face of high demand and short turn-around times, building team cohesion and a can-do attitude as a result.
- Manage critical operational aspects of the analytic solutions and services:
- Optimize operations of analytic products/solutions: Act as a leader in collaboration with analytics, IT, and clinical resources to define and continuously improve business rules, technical processes and optimal workflows for creation, deployment and maintenance of data quality standards, curated data elements, analytic algorithms and data acceptance/quality assurance testing.
- Identify areas of improvement and significantly contribute to the efforts for Workpartners’ one data strategy to optimize efficiency of analytic self-service reporting and ad-hoc analytics.
- Define and establish a joint analytic and data management data governance structure with supporting roles, responsibilities, and process flows.
- Enhance analytic resources workflow:
- Support analytic leadership and supervisors by enhancing processes for work prioritization and distribution.
- Enhance analytic quality review standards and processes.
- Establish, monitor and distribute reports for resource capacity and performance compared to work incomings and priorities.
- Create and help implement improvement plans where appropriate.
- Identify and implement best practices for client service delivery and satisfaction:
- Enhance process and ongoing review to ensure clients received all deliverables outlined in the scope of services and performance guarantees.
- Enhance process and ongoing assessment/recommendations for roles and responsibilities specific to analytic accounts.
- Responsible for account/client communications for training/ product release or other relevant information from the Workpartners Analytics solution set to a range of audiences, customizing language to meet the needs of various stakeholder groups
- Implement structure, workflows, and communications mechanisms to maximize the efficiency and optimal collaboration across the various teams of resources within the department and across the various shared services groups within UPMC Insurance Services Division.
- Engage with senior executives, various Workpartners line of business leaders and account management regarding analytics, business intelligence, and operational data support for strategic and tactical business decisions.
- Manage the design and growth of the department’s organizational structure in coordination with Human Resources and implement tactics to maximize recruiting and retention.
- This includes assessment of career tracks, training and development needs, market competitive salaries/ benefit packages.
- Act as representative/spokesperson for AVP in key senior management meetings as necessary.
- Prepare and manage annual budget submissions as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, mathematics, statistics, finance, healthcare management, operations management, information systems or related field required. Master’s degree or PhD in these same areas highly preferred. Extensive related experience may be considered.
- Minimum of five-to-ten years of work experience in an analytical service job function or minimum of five years in data management, data optimization, and operational process optimization. Ten or more years are preferred.
- Five or more years of experience in health insurance or disability industry preferred.
- Understanding of customer needs and the markets in which Workpartners competes for analytics service delivery is preferred.
- Significant experience conducting proactive exploratory data analysis, distilling actionable insights and recommendations, and telling a story with data
- The expert ability to extract and manipulate data from large, complex data sets, and to be able to supervise similar activities.
- Expert-level experience using SQL, SAS, R, Python or SPSS programming to conduct advanced analytics work, as demonstrated through at least five years of application to analytics data infrastructure or analysis is preferred.
- Expert-level experience business intelligence tools and applications to optimize self-service needs to a variety of audiences and skill levels.
- Strong communication skills and experience collaborating with senior management, analytic peers and technically sophisticated partners for leveraging analytics and implementing impactful solutions.
- Ability to effectively manage and develop multiple teams of analysts, data managers, developers, account managers, project managers, and/or operations resources that may not be direct reports.
- Must be able to influence direct reports, peers, and senior leaders (including senior executives) through effective use of information and communication.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran