Otologist / Neurotologist
Job ID: 230000WL
Facility: University of Pittsburgh Physicians
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Union Position: No
Salary Range: $ 0.0-0.0 USD
The University of Pittsburgh Department of Otolaryngology seeks applications for a Surgeon-Scientist Faculty position in the Division of Otology and Neurotology.
The Division of Otology and Neurotology provides cutting edge clinical care for patients with otologic and neurotologic conditions, with a robust cochlear implant program and active lateral skull base surgery program in partnership with the Department of Neurological Surgery. Candidates would be embedded in this busy clinical practice, and the position may include providing care at a local satellite office. Education of Otolaryngology residents and Neurotology fellows in our ACGME accredited programs is also expected.
The University of Pittsburgh provides a rich environment that fosters research collaborations between clinicians and basic scientists. The Department of Otolaryngology houses the Pittsburgh Hearing Research Center (PHRC), which performs top-notch basic science research and education that drive innovation, translation, novel treatments and commercialization in therapeutics, neuroprosthetics, gene therapy, and regeneration in hearing loss and related disorders. The PHRC is committed and excited to provide a supportive environment for collaboration and/or mentorship for interested candidates. Candidates with a track record of external funding or embarking upon such a path are preferred. Candidates are expected to develop their independent research program on hearing loss and hearing loss-related disorders.
Candidates must hold an M.D. or M.D./Ph.D. or equivalent degree, be Otolaryngology and/or Neurotology board-certified or eligible, and have or be eligible to attain a license to practice medicine in Pennsylvania. Academic rank will be commensurate with experience.
COVID-19 Vaccine Information : Individuals hired into certain roles must comply with UPMC’s COVID vaccination requirements upon beginning employment. Learn more here.
BENEFITS AND LIFE AT UPMC
We know that you have many options when choosing where to build your career. So why choose UPMC? We can think of a few reasons.
Benefits that Matter to You
We’re committed to providing you with benefits that meet your needs and support your well-being in all areas of life.
- Over 5 Weeks of Paid Time Off Every Year
- 8% Employer Match on Retirement
- Employer-Paid Life Insurance
- Affordable Medical, Dental & Vision Coverage
- Student Loan Assistance
- $18/Hour Minimum Wage by 2026
Support for You – and Your Family
Your career doesn’t impact just you, but the people you care about, too. We’re making sure your career works for the whole family.
- Two Weeks of Paid Parental Leave
- Family Planning Resources
- Tuition Assistance for Dependents
- Comprehensive Health Care for Dependents
- Emergency Child and Elder Care Options
- Flexible Work Arrangements
A Culture That Cares
At UPMC, you can find a home among people who share your passions and care about who you are.
- Employee Resource Groups
- Awards for Champions of Dignity & Respect
- Center for Engagement & Inclusion
- Programs for Veteran Engagement
Tools to Reach Your Potential
Once you become a member of our team, the journey doesn’t stop there. UPMC is committed to supporting your growth and helping you build the career of your dreams.
- Up to $6,000 of Annual Tuition Assistance
- Ongoing Learning via Linkedin Learning
- Accelerated Career Pathways for Growth
- Robust Instructor-led Education and Learning Pathways
Where do you want to go with your career? Wherever it is, UPMC can take you there.
- 92,000+ Employees
- 40 Hospitals and 800+ Doctors’ Offices and Outpatient Sites
- Dozens of Career Ladders to Climb
- International Locations
- State-of-the-Art Technology